New generation Quíron by Centauro reflects the natural evolution of its main core business – heat exchangers.
The new Quíron generation is born in the Refrigeration field, branded with the most up to date, useful and efficient technologies and as former ones, engineered to last.
Efficiency and environment impacts are indeed the driving forces of the Quíron generation and therefore are present in all new products. The main guide line is the feed back of 32 years of experience in the Refrigeration field as O.E.M. that enabled Centauro to develop its own know-how and technology in the area of Refrigeration applications, namely in terms of heat exchangers.
Technology evolution brought new solutions in terms of heat exchangers for Refrigeration, some really useful, others not so clear in terms of real benefits for product reliability in real field operation conditions but “good” in terms of price. Centauro is from it's beginning a conservative company focused in product reliability and global performance in real operating conditions, reason why it took quite a while to investigate, test and evaluate these new solutions according to Centauro’s standards.
Environment impact became more and more an issue and, as such, obliged committed companies to a “green” approach to their products design. Centauro from it's very first beginning made important choices that became a part of the “genetic code” of its products, such as:
- using as much as possible aluminum instead of steel or galvanized steel. Aluminum is recyclable “ad eternum” and allows to save 95% of energy when produced from scrap instead of bauxite;
- using copper in coil piping and collectors (no steel collectors);
- using as much as possible fan motors with aluminum casing;
- using for R717 (NH3) stainless steel pipes and aluminum fins for coils (SAHE), instead of galvanized tube and fins solution. Aluminum/aluminum coils (FAHE) are also available.
These options reduce quite a lot the amount of raw materials necessary to produce coils, enabling at the same time to optimize the efficiency of heat transfer in the coils that became smaller, not so deep, allowing to use smaller fan motors that have lower electrical consumption;
- using modern and efficient means of production from reliable manufacturers such as Tridan, Trumph, ITW-Gema, GBS;
- choosing reliable and dynamic suppliers committed with R,D&Q, believing in common development through out long lasting partnership and for sure full involved in efficient design and environment protection.
That’s the ”melting pot” of technological and environment new approaches and reliable performance in real field conditions that allowed Centauro to step in
generation. This new generation of products meets the following targets:
- usage of first quality raw materials with a long life cycle and recyclable as much as possible;
- usage of high efficient and reliable fan motors to drive the air through the coil (external rotor AC motors with alternatives tested and used with EC external motors);
- usage of high performance fans with optimized aerodynamics behavior, reduce noise emissions and reduced required shaft power (HY BLADE, OWLET, SILENCIS or aerofoil for example);
- usage of inner grooved seamless copper tube, not welded, with enhanced internal surface and therefore reduced secondary/primary surface ratio;
- usage of optimized corrugated fins, not slittered or louvered, either for air coolers or air cooled condensers;
- usage of different tube geometries and diameters according to applications and ranges of capacity;
- usage of low pressure drop coil design in terms of circuiting of primary surface;
- usage of low air pressure finned packs whenever possible in order to minimize air pressure drop and required fan power;
- usage of proved and certified brazing techniques together with careful evaluation of tube thickness according relevant standards and directives (reduced leak potential).
As a result products of the generation has the following main common features in terms of better TEWI and reduced CO2 footprint:
- compact design in line with application requirements;
- reduced ratio dm3/kW (low internal volume, low refrigerant);
- high performance but still conservative coil design allowing enough surface for ice in refrigeration applications;
- reduced ratio (Wabs / W of duty) in air coolers and in air cooled condensers-increased COP/EER/Better efficiency that gives space to optimal values when EC technology for fan motors is used;
- reduced quantity of required raw materials to build up the equipments (compact design as much as possible and advisable in terms of application);
- reduced emissions;
- reduced potential risk of leaks by means of safe tube gauges and certified brazing techniques;
- reduced noise emissions;
- reduced packing material and reduced space for transport with reduced indirect CO2 emissions;
- availability and experience in design and construction of heat exchangers using natural refrigerants as primary fluid such as R717 (NH3), R744 (CO2) subcritical and transcritical, R718 (H2O) pure or as glycol brine in between others (air coolers, air cooled condensers, fluid air coolers, dry coolers, desuperheaters);
- availability of coils design for low GWP refrigerants with special focus on R134a as a good reliable and efficient compromise for next future together with compressors specially designed for this refrigerant such as ECOLINE from Bitzer.
Last but not least the Quíron generation presents new standard products as result of market demands either in coolers or condensers and recovers old concepts that, by means of market evolution, became up to date again side by side with the well known full availability and flexibility to offer "Customized Refrigeration Solutions - CRS".
EuP, ErP Directives and energy saving are under the survey and adoption on Centauro. All ranges from Quíron generation may use PM motors, so called EC motors.